What is a PIC16F877A? PIC16F877a is a 40-pin PIC Microcontroller, designed using RISC architecture, manufactured by Microchip and is used in Embedded Projects. It has five Ports on it, starting from Port A to Port
What is a PIC16F877A?
PIC16F877a is a 40-pin PIC Microcontroller, designed using RISC architecture, manufactured by Microchip and is used in Embedded Projects. It has five Ports on it, starting from Port A to Port E. It has three Timers in it, two of which are 8-bit Timers while 1 is of 16 Bit.
What are the advantages of PIC16F877A microcontroller?
Advantages of PIC Microcontroller: They are reliable and malfunctioning of PIC percentage is very less. And performance of the PIC is very fast because of using RISC architecture. Power conception is also very less when compared to other micro controllers.
What are the ports registers of PIC16F877A?
Ports in PIC16F877a:
- PortA has 8 Pins in total and it is an analogue Port.
- All Pins in PortA are analogue.
- PortB also has 8 Pins but these all are digital Pins.
- PortC is also a digital Port having 8 Pins.
- PortC Pins are also used for Serial Communication.
- PortD has 8 Pins and all are digital Pins.
- PortE has 3 Pins.
What are the advantages of a pic microcontroller?
Advantages of PIC Microcontroller: PIC microcontrollers are consistent and faulty of PIC percentage is very less. The performance of the PIC microcontroller is very fast because of using RISC architecture. When comparing to other microcontrollers, power consumption is very less and programming is also very easy.
What is the purpose of port registers?
The PORT register is the latch for the data to be output. When the PORT is read, the device reads the levels present on the I/O pins (not the latch). This means that care should be taken with read-modify-write commands on the ports and changing the direction of a pin from an input to an output.
How do you use PIC16F877A microcontroller?
Program the PIC Microcontroller
- First open the MPLAB software.
- Select the project option and select the ‘project wired option’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select a microcontroller for your project.
- Select the compiler and path location for your project.
How many bit microcontroller is PIC16F877A?
PIC16F877A is a powerful easy-to-program , CMOS FLASH-based 8-bit microcontroller packs Microchip’s powerful PIC® architecture into an 40- or 44-pin package.It has 256 Bytes EEPROM data memory,self programming and 2 nos of PWM.