How do I reset my Microsoft wireless mouse? How to Reset a Microsoft Mouse Locate the reset button. Using a small pointed object, such as a straight pin or the tip of a ball point
How do I reset my Microsoft wireless mouse?
How to Reset a Microsoft Mouse
- Locate the reset button.
- Using a small pointed object, such as a straight pin or the tip of a ball point pen, push the button and hold it down for three to five seconds.
- If resetting a wireless mouse, reset the USB receiver as well to ensure proper functionality.
What do I do if my Microsoft mouse is not working?
Restart your PC. This will refresh the drivers if updates have recently been made. Change the mouse cursor settings. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Mouse > Additional mouse options > Pointer Options and adjust the pointer speed.
How do I fix my Microsoft wireless mouse?
Method 6: Recharge the batteries (rechargeable device)
- Disconnect the device from the charging connection.
- Turn off the device.
- Remove the batteries from the device.
- Wipe the batteries by using a clean, soft cloth.
- Wait 10 seconds. Then, replace the batteries in the device.
- Turn on the device. Then try step 1 again.
Why would a wireless mouse stop working?
When Your Mouse Stops Working Now there can be several reasons why your mouse may have stopped working. The mouse battery may have discharged. Or maybe you placed something by mistake between the mouse and the transceiver and therefore the connection is getting lost.
What if my wireless mouse doesn’t work?
Fresh batteries are the cure for many wireless mouse problems. Verify it has been installed, to make your mouse ready to use. If the receiver is plugged in, and you’ve tried all other troubleshooting steps, try moving the receiver to a different USB port, if one is available. USB ports can go bad, making them unusable.
What is the life expectancy of a wireless mouse?
While it depends on the brand you purchase, a typical wireless mouse is designed to last for several years. As such, purchasing a wireless mouse from a reputable manufacturer guarantees you about 2-3 years of service. But how you handle the mouse affects its lifespan considerably.