How do you become an OSHA inspector? How To Become a Safety Inspector for OSHA Step 1: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree. Step 2: Consider Earning a Graduate Degree. Step 3: Gain Safety-Standards Work Experience. Step
How do you become an OSHA inspector?
How To Become a Safety Inspector for OSHA
- Step 1: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Step 2: Consider Earning a Graduate Degree.
- Step 3: Gain Safety-Standards Work Experience.
- Step 4: Train on the Job and Specialize.
- Step 5: Consider Safety Inspector Certification.
What is an OHS inspector?
Duties: To plan and independently conduct inspection with the aim of ensuring compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 85 of 1993, Regulations and incorporated Standards.
What is the role of a safety inspector?
An inspector’s role is to: investigate (when accidents have happened or a complaint is made) whether people are at risk, to find out if something has gone wrong. require you to take action to control risks properly if you are not already complying with the law.
What are the qualifications of a good safety inspector?
Personal requirements for a Safety Inspector
- Tactful and diplomatic.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good observational skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to work at heights and in various weather conditions.
- Integrity and sound judgment.
What are the powers of a health and safety inspector?
Five powers health and safety inspectors have
- carrying out examinations and investigations, including taking measurements, photographs and samples.
- taking possession of an article and arranging for it to be dismantled or tested.
- seizing and making safe any article or substance that could cause serious personal injury.
What are the two types of OSH inspection?
Inspection visits are of two types, namely, general inspection and technical inspection.
What is the power of inspector?
An Inspector may question any person that they consider may be able to provide information relating to any search, inspection, investigation, examination, or inquiry and require that person to answer the questions and sign a declaration of the truth of the answers.
What are the powers of inspector?
Answer: An Inspector may:
- Make an examination and/or inquiry.
- Enter, inspect and search any premises.
- Supervise the payment of wages.
- Ask the employer to produce any register that he maintains in pursuance of the Act (under a written order).
- Seize or take copies of such registers or documents or portions.