How do you combine text from 3 cells in Excel? Combine Text from Multiple Cells Select the cell in which you want the combined data. Type an = (equal sign) to start the formula. Click
How do you combine text from 3 cells in Excel?
Combine Text from Multiple Cells
- Select the cell in which you want the combined data.
- Type an = (equal sign) to start the formula.
- Click on the first cell.
- Type the & operator (shift + 7)
- Click on the second cell.
- Press Enter to complete the formula.
How do I combine text and date in one cell in Excel?
How to Combine text with Date & Time here is the solution:
- Enter this formula =Concatenate(A3,” “,TEXT(B3,”mm/dd/yyyy”) into a blank cell besides your data.
- Or alternatively can use the second formula as =A4&” “EXT(B4,”dd/mm/yyyy”) into a black cell besides your data.
How do you merge columns in Excel without losing data?
Merge columns of data into one without losing data by CONCATENATE
- Select a blank cell, enter the formula =CONCATENATE(A2:C2&”,”), and then highlight A2:C2&”,” in the formula.
- Press F9 key to convert the highlight part of the formula to values.
How do I merge text in Excel without losing data?
How to merge cells in Excel without losing data
- Select all the cells you want to combine.
- Make the column wide enough to fit the contents of all cells.
- On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Fill > Justify.
- Click Merge and Center or Merge Cells, depending on whether you want the merged text to be centered or not.
How do I add text to an existing cell in Excel?
Select a range you want to add text to, and then click Kutools > Text > Add Text. 2. The Add Text dialog will be displayed, and enter the specified text and specify the certain position which you want to insert the text in the boxes.
How do I put multiple dates in one cell in Excel?
Use the Fill Handle
- Select the cell that contains the first date. Drag the fill handle across the adjacent cells that you want to fill with sequential dates.
- Select the fill handle. at the lower-right corner of the cell, hold down, and drag to fill the rest of the series.
How do I merge columns in Excel and keep data?
Combine data with the Ampersand symbol (&)
- Select the cell where you want to put the combined data.
- Type = and select the first cell you want to combine.
- Type & and use quotation marks with a space enclosed.
- Select the next cell you want to combine and press enter. An example formula might be =A2&” “&B2.
How do I combine two columns of data in Excel?
How to Combine Columns in Excel
- Click the cell where you want the combined data to go.
- Type =
- Click the first cell you want to combine.
- Type &
- Click the second cell you want to combine.
- Press the Enter key.