Can you control volume through optical cable LG? If you connect a soundbar to an LG TV with an optical cable, you won’t be able to control the soundbar’s volume with the TV’s remote. The
Can you control volume through optical cable LG?
If you connect a soundbar to an LG TV with an optical cable, you won’t be able to control the soundbar’s volume with the TV’s remote. The only way to control the soundbar’s volume with your TV’s remote is to connect the soundbar to an HDMI port.
Does TV volume control optical output?
The optical output of the TV is fixed level so the TV remote cannot control it. You have to use the HTS remote for volume. A universal remote such as a Logitech Harmony would allow you to use one remote to control both the TV and HTS.
How do I use optical audio on my LG TV?
LG TV (Netcast) – Connecting a Home Theater or Sound Bar with an Optical (Toslink) Cable
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Point and click on Settings.
- Then Sound Menu with the picture of the Speaker.
- From here down arrow to Sound Setting and click it.
- Then down to TV speaker.
What is the optical digital audio out on LG TV?
With the optical digital audio out, it’s fiber optics. So it plays audio signals from the TV to your home theater’s receiver. When you connect your LG TV audio output to your speakers, please keep in mind that some of these models will feature 2 RCA jacks for output of right and left channels.
Where is audio Out on LG TV?
- Press the ‘Setting’ button on your LG TV remote control.
- Select ‘All Settings’ using the ‘OK’ button on your remote control.
- Select the ‘Sound’ menu.
- Select ‘Sound Out’ . This is where you can choose how sound is outputted through your TV.
How do I control the stereo volume on my TV?
- Press the HOME button, then select [Settings].
- Select [Sound] → [Headphone/Audio Out] → [Audio Out] → [Audio Out] in the sound setting menu → [Fixed] or [Variable]. Select [Fixed] to adjust the volume using the connected audio system’s remote control.
Does HDMI ARC support volume control?
HDMI-ARC is also capable of passing high resolution audio which includes formats like Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio. Using HDMI-ARC, you can also control the volume of HDMI-ARC connected devices using your TV remote.
Where is Audio Out on LG TV?
Can you connect external speakers to a LG TV?
Connect your LG audio device to the digital optical audio output port. Only available for models with digital optical ports. You can use the TV remote control to adjust the volume of the connected device. Any sound bar or Bluetooth headset audio device that supports LG Sound Sync can be connected wirelessly.