How do I combine variables in one variable in SPSS? From the top menu bar in SPSS, select Transform -> Compute variable. You should now see the following dialogue box. Place the cursor in the
How do I combine variables in one variable in SPSS?
From the top menu bar in SPSS, select Transform -> Compute variable. You should now see the following dialogue box. Place the cursor in the brackets, select the variables you want to merge, and click on the arrow. Repeat with all the variables, separating them with comas.
How do I add multiple values in SPSS?
Creating and Using a Multiple-Response Set in SPSS
- Open the Apples and Oranges.
- Choose Analyze→Multiple Response→Define Variable Sets.
- In the Set Definition list, select each variable you want to include in your new multiple dataset, and then click the arrow to move the selections to the Variables in Set list.
How do you combine two variables in Python?
How to concatenate strings in Python
- print (“String 1:”,str1)
- print (“String 2:”,str2)
- print(“Concatenated two different strings:”,str)
How do you sum variables in Python?
How to compute the sum of a list in python
- Using a simple loop. The most basic solution is to traverse the list using a for/while loop, adding each value to the variable total .
- Computing the sum recursively. In this approach, instead of using loops, we will calculate the sum recursively.
- Using the sum() method.
How do you transform variables?
In data analysis transformation is the replacement of a variable by a function of that variable: for example, replacing a variable x by the square root of x or the logarithm of x. In a stronger sense, a transformation is a replacement that changes the shape of a distribution or relationship.
How do you add something to a string in Python?
In Python, string is an immutable object. You can use ‘+’ operator to append two strings to create a new string.