How do I disable UAC in msconfig Windows 8? Go to Start, select Run… Enter msconfig and click OK. Switch to the Tools tab. Highlight Change UAC Settings and choose Launch. Drag the slider-bar down
How do I disable UAC in msconfig Windows 8?
- Go to Start, select Run…
- Enter msconfig and click OK.
- Switch to the Tools tab.
- Highlight Change UAC Settings and choose Launch.
- Drag the slider-bar down to the bottom level for Never notify.
- Click OK and restart the computer.
What is the meaning of UAC in Windows 8?
User Account Control
Introduction. In this article we are explaining how to disable the User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 8. The User Account Control setting is a security component that enable users to execute tasks as a non-Administrator and as an Administrators with the ability to switch users, log off and run as.
How do I turn off UAC completely?
To turn off UAC:
- Type uac into the Windows Start menu.
- Click “Change User Account Control settings.”
- Move the slider down to “Never Notify.”
- Click OK and then restart the computer.
How do I disable administrator in Windows 8?
Enable and Disable Administrator Account on Windows 8/8.1
- Step 2: Find and open Users folder in Computer Management.
- Step 3: Right-click Administrator (the built-in) and choose Properties.
- Step 4: In General, uncheck the box before Account is disabled and tap OK to enable the admin account.
How do I enable UAC in Windows 8?
Here’s how to turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off in Windows 8:
- Press Windows Key+X on your keyboard to display the Tools Menu and select Control Panel.
- Type UAC in the search field in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
How do I turn off UAC in msconfig?
Disable UAC using MSCONFIG
- Click Start, type msconfig, and then press Enter. The System Configuration tool opens.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Click Disable UAC and then click Launch.
How do I fix UAC disabled?
Steps to fix error ‘This app can’t be activated when UAC is disabled’
- Turn On User Account Control.
- Enable the User Account Control Group Policy Setting.
- Adjust the EnableLUA DWORD Value.
- Reset the MS Store App.
- Open Your Files With Alternative Desktop Software.
Is it bad to disable UAC?
While we’ve explained how to disable UAC in the past, you shouldn’t disable it – it helps keep your computer secure. If you reflexively disable UAC when setting up a computer, you should give it another try – UAC and the Windows software ecosystem have come a long way from when UAC was introduced with Windows Vista.
How do I enable UAC settings?
Here’s how to change UAC settings (Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7).
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Type Control Panel. Then select OK.
- Select User Accounts. Then select User Accounts (Classic View).
- Select Change user account control settings.
- Move the slider.
- Restart the computer.