What does it mean to say kudos to you? praise 1 : praise given for achievement. 2 : fame and renown resulting from an act or achievement : prestige. How do you use kudos in
What does it mean to say kudos to you?
1 : praise given for achievement. 2 : fame and renown resulting from an act or achievement : prestige.
How do you use kudos in a sentence?
Kudos sentence example
- He received kudos of approval from the intelligentsia.
- I believe she deserves kudos for just putting up with some of the drama that comes with her job.
- More kudos must go to Jack Emery who played Ralph.
- It still works, which is a major kudos to Apple from a PC person.
What is another way to say kudos?
What is another word for kudos?
Do you say kudos to or kudos for?
Instead, kudos can be applied as a way to compliment or congratulate someone one a job well done. Kudos for that witty statement! Great job on acing that exam — kudos to you!
How do you give someone kudos?
4 clear rules to give Kudos
- Be specific. Be specific about why you are saying thanks or props to someone. Is it about a talk?
- Explain the impact on you. Explain how this impacted you.
- Make it personal. Make it personal.
What are some examples of kudos?
An example of kudos is what team members might say to the player who scores the winning goal. Acclaim or praise for exceptional achievement. Credit or praise for an achievement; glory; fame. The performance earned her much kudos.
How do you say kudos to a team?
For work completed fairly, accurately, and on time
- Thank you!
- Good work, as always.
- Thanks for getting this done.
- You are a lifesaver.
- Thank you for pulling everyone/everything together on such short notice.
- I appreciate you getting this to me so quickly so I have time to review it.
- Thanks for your help today.
How do you congratulate someone using kudos?
Kudos is originally Greek and means praise or glory. It kind of means “The universe believes you deserve respect! And I agree!” We usually use it when we want to congratulate someone on something they’ve achieved — usually through hard work or a job well done.
When can we use kudos?
Kudos is a noun that means “praise, honor, or acclaim.” Kudo is the singular version of kudos, but kudos is also singular. Kudos comes from the Greek word kydos, which means praise or renown. Kudos are usually offered in response to an exceptional achievement.
Why is it important to give kudos?
What are kudos and why are they important? Giving kudos – or recognizing your people for their achievements – is the highest driver of employee satisfaction and retention. According to Gallup, “employees who do not feel adequately recognized are twice as likely to say they’ll quit in the next year.”