How do I block ads on Windows 8? Click the tools button (it is in the top righthand corner and looks like a cog), then select internet options. Go to the Privacy tab, and under
How do I block ads on Windows 8?
Click the tools button (it is in the top righthand corner and looks like a cog), then select internet options. Go to the Privacy tab, and under Pop-up Blocker, select the Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box, and then tap or click ok.
How do I stop ads on Internet Explorer?
- Open up a newly updated Internet Explorer Web browser window.
- Click on “Tools” and choose “Internet Options.”
- Select the “Privacy” tab.
- Check the box “Turn on Pop-up blocker.”
- Confirm all changes by clicking on the “Apply” button at the bottom of the display window.
How do I enable AdBlock on Internet Explorer?
To enable it, right click on the top of the Internet Explorer window and check the Status bar option. The Status bar is now shown on the bottom of the window. On the right side you will find the Adblock Plus button. If you don’t see it, restart Internet Explorer one more time and it will show up.
Is there an AdBlock for Internet Explorer?
Adblock Plus is a simple tool that’s designed to block ads on the web—in other words, hide them from view. It’s available for all popular web browsers, including Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox (the Safari version is still in beta testing).
How do I block pop-up ads on Internet Explorer?
Block all pop-ups Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button , and then select Internet options. On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, select Settings. In the Pop-up Blocker settings dialog box, under Blocking level, set the blocking level to High: Block all pop-ups (Ctrl + Alt to override).
How do I stop ads on my browser?
Block Pop-Up Ads in Google Chrome
- Open Chrome on a Mac or PC.
- Select More (the three vertical dots located in the upper-right corner), then select Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Site Settings.
- Select Pop-ups and redirects.
- Turn on the Blocked (recommended) toggle switch.
Where is the AdBlock icon on Internet Explorer?
From the Internet Explorer toolbar, right-click the tab bar (the empty area near the tabs) and select Status bar. The Status bar and the Adblock Plus icon re-appear.