How do I get sound from my HP laptop to my TV using HDMI? Right-click the “Volume” icon on the Windows taskbar, select “Sounds” and choose the “Playback” tab. Click the “Digital Output Device (HDMI)”
How do I get sound from my HP laptop to my TV using HDMI?
Right-click the “Volume” icon on the Windows taskbar, select “Sounds” and choose the “Playback” tab. Click the “Digital Output Device (HDMI)” option and click “Apply” to turn on the audio and video functions for the HDMI port.
Why can’t I hear sound on my TV through HDMI?
Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI input of the TV and connect the source device to a different TV. If there is still no sound, perform a power reset on the TV . If there is still no sound after power resetting the TV, replace the HDMI cable.
Will an HDMI cable connect a laptop to a TV with sound?
HDMI can convey video and audio in the same cable, and in some cases nothing more is needed to get PC audio on the TV. But with certain laptops and/or TVs, more cables or actions are required to make this audio connection.
How do I get sound from my HP laptop to my TV?
HP PCs – Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows)
- Step 1: Use the correct HDMI cable for your HDMI device.
- Step 2: Select HDMI sound output as the default audio device.
- Step 3: Run the Audio Check in HP Support Assistant.
- Step 4: Use the Windows Sound troubleshooter.
Why won’t my TV detect my laptop HDMI?
First, make sure that you go into your PC/Laptop settings and designate HDMI as the default output connection for both video and audio. Try booting up your PC/Laptop with the HDMI cable connected to a TV that is on. You can try booting up the PC/Laptop while the TV is off and then turn on the TV.
How do I display my HP laptop on my TV?
Steps for connecting your computer to the TV
- Safely shut down the computer and TV.
- Connect your HDMI cable to the computer and the TV display.
- Power on the TV and select “HDMI” as the input source.
- Power on your computer or laptop to connect to the TV.
How do I get sound through HDMI on Samsung TV?
Open Menu> Sound> Speaker List. Select Receiver (HDMI) from the list. Open Menu> Sound> Speaker Settings. Set the TV sound output to the receiver.
How do I project my HP laptop to my TV?
To connect your computer to your high-definition TV using an HDMI cable, do the following:
- Locate the HDMI port on the rear of your TV.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to port on the TV.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your computer.
How do I get HDMI to work on my TV?
Connect one end of a universal HDMI cable into the HDTV Adapter. 2. Connect the other end to the HDMI port on your TV. If your TV has multiple HDMI ports, you may use any of the ports.