How do I trace PeopleSoft application engine? To set Application Engine traces: Start Configuration Manager, and select the Trace tab. Select the appropriate trace options. You can select any combination of options. Click either the
How do I trace PeopleSoft application engine?
To set Application Engine traces:
- Start Configuration Manager, and select the Trace tab.
- Select the appropriate trace options. You can select any combination of options.
- Click either the Apply or OK button to set trace options.
How do you run a trace in PeopleSoft?
Once you’re logged into the system, go the ‘PeopleTools -> Utilities -> Debug -> Trace PeopleCode’ to set up a trace that starts from the moment you click the ‘Save’ button.
How do you debug an application engine?
Debugging the application
- Select Run > Debug.
- In the dialog, click Google App Engine Standard Local Server.
- After the project builds, you can set breakpoints to debug your app.
Where do PeopleSoft trace files go?
Locating Trace Files
|Location Where the Program Was Initiated||Trace File Location|
|PeopleSoft Process Scheduler||Look for the trace file in a subdirectory of the directory specified in the Log/Output field in the PS_SERVER_CFG file.|
What is application engine in PeopleSoft?
In PeopleSoft Application Engine, a program is a set of SQL statements, PeopleCode, and program control actions that enable looping and conditional logic. A program is defined in PeopleSoft Application Designer and performs a business process. PeopleSoft Application Engine does not generate SQL or PeopleCode.
How do you debug an application engine in PeopleSoft?
To enable the PeopleCode debugger for Application Engine:
- Sign on to PeopleTools using the same user ID that you will use to invoke the Application Engine program.
- Open Application Designer.
- Select Debug, PeopleCode Debugger Mode.
- Select Debug, Break at Start.
How do you trace Someonecode?
To enable/disable PeopleCode tracing while online:
- Select PeopleTools, Utilities, Debug, Trace PeopleCode. The Trace PeopleCode page appears.
- Select or deselect the desired Options.
- Save the page. If you selected any of the check boxes, the system starts writing to the trace file.
How do I run an application engine?
Running Application Engine Programs
- Create process definitions.
- List process definition parameters.
- Start programs with the Application Engine Process Request page.
- Use PeopleCode to invoke Application Engine programs.
- Use the command line to invoke Application Engine programs.
How do you trace Cobol in PeopleSoft?
How to Enable COBOL Trace in PeopleSoft
- Shutdown the application server.
- Open the psappsrv.cfg.
- Set the RCCBL Redirect to 1.
- Uncomment the line Log Directory (in the domain settings section) <== This is a necessary step.
- Set the TraceSQL to 255.
- Save psappsrv.cfg.
How do you exit an application engine in PeopleSoft?
Exit(0) – Terminates the current PeopleCode Action in application engine. Exit(1) – Terminates the current Step in application engine.
What language is PeopleSoft written in?
PeopleCode is a proprietary language used to do object-oriented coding in PeopleTools. PeopleCode is the programming language delivered by PeopleSoft for the customization of the PeopleSoft application. PeopleCode is written using the Application Designer.
How do I call an app engine through PeopleCode?
To use the CallAppEngine function:
- Declare a record object in PeopleCode. For example, Local Record &MyRecord .
- Assign record objects to any state record that you want to pass to the Application Engine program.
- Set the appropriate values on that state record.
- Include the record object in the function call.